In honor of National Trails Day, the National Parks Foundation and outdoor gear company Merrell announced their ten "can't miss" hikes for the summer. These trails are intended to appeal to both expert and casual trekkers. Time to get yourself out there to enjoy the beautiful summer this year!
1. Painted Desert Rim Trail (1 Mile) - Petrified Forest National Park, Arizona
2. Wapama Falls (5 Miles) - Yosemite National Park, California
3. Rim Rock Nature Trail (1 Mile) - Black Canyon of the Gunnison, Colorado
4. Turtle Mound Trail (.3 Miles) - Canaveral National Seashore, Florida
5. General Bragg Trail (5 Miles) - Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park, Georgia
6. Interdune Boardwalk (650 Yards) - White Sands National Park, New Mexico
7. Canyons Trail (3.5 Miles) - Jewel Cave National Monument, South Dakota
8. Dog Canyon Trail (4 Miles) - Big Bend National Park, Texas
9. Andrews Bald Trail (3.5 Miles) - Great Smokey Mountains, Tennessee
10. Ocean Path Trail (4 Miles) - Acadia National Park, Maine
Hiked one of these trails before? Let us know what you think!
Book your next trip with Expedia